BrE Vs AmE Part One


Uploaded on authorSTREAM by Ariel80

BrE Vs AmE Part Two


Uploaded on authorSTREAM by Ariel80

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

BBQ Picnic Party June 2008















My family came to visit me on May 2008. I took this great opportunity to allow my siblings (my three little sisters and my two little brothers) to have this BBQ party together with my students. It was a great chance for both my students and my sisters to get to know each other. By talking, playing and eating together, this allows both parties to have a chance to know different culture and customs.

We started at 3.30pm. We decorated the place with balloons and streamers. We even have a big red canopy. We started the party with a great big BANG. Some students arrived ealier to help out.

When everyone arrived at the destination, we started to divide them into groups. There were all together 4 groups. RED, BLUE, WHITE, YELLOW. The first game we played was called, "Treassure Hunt". It was a search for "LOCO ROCO" in the garden. The winner is the team that manage to find the most Loco Roco. But unfortunately it started to rain, so we all quickly rush back into the house. I wanted them to have fun outside but if nature wants us inside I will compromise with it.

Having fun indoor was fantastic too. Because we started our second game called "Paper Clip Race". It was a race between groups to see how long they can make with paper clips. They all concentrated hard on joining the paper clips together. It was great to see teamwork among them.

After the two games, Simon (one of my student) gave us a saxaphone performance. It was terrific. Because for a small boy like him to be able to play the saxaphone was unbelievable. I asked my father whether he has seen a young boy playing the saxaphone, my dad said this was the FIRST. I was honored and proud of Simon. Thank you Simon for showing us your talent.

My sisters gave a performance too. They sang a song called "Best of Both Worlds" by Hannah Montanna. It was fantastic.

After the performance, it was time to eat. We had spaghetti, fried noddles (BeeHoon all the way from Malaysia), Crispy Cornflakes, BBQ corn, BBQ Chicken, BBQ Meat, Brownies, Pudding and of course chocolate ice-cream. They ate everything. It was so clean that I could see my face on the plate. :)

It was a sumptious meal, and it was time for more games. The third game we played was called "watermelon eating competition". It was a funny sight to see Tony, Angel, Michael and Simon eating their way to victory. The winner was Tony, for a small boy, he could really eat alot of watermelons.

The next game we played was called "Coke Drinking Competition". It sounds a little lame, but there is a catch to it. The representatives need to drink their coke through.... a baby's nipple. It was such a funny sight to see them sucking their coke. Everyone laugh and had a great time.

Of course all good things must come to an end, even though it rained heavily outside, but I believe everyone enjoyed themselves. I know I did.

No comments:

BBQ Picnic

BBQ Picnic
Last summer, we bbq in front of our yard. It was fun, we had chicken wing, potatoes, beefsteak with black pepper sauce and some bbq seafood.

After a delicious bbq meal, we had a water balloon fight. We filled many balloons with water and started to throw to everyone in sight. It was a funny sight. We laugh with all our might.

Having fun skating at BeiHang

Having fun skating at BeiHang


Skating is a fun and interesting activity to do. We can make new friends while keeping ourselves healthy. We usually skate in BeiHang, Hualian Dept. Store. The skating ring is located on the top floor of the department store. It only cost us RMB 5 to skate a whole day. It's affordable, fun, good for health and most importantly to practice spoken English. Julia, Little Angel, Tony and Mary usually invite me to skate with them. I try to skate with them as often as I can. It is fun to skate with them, they give me youth and happiness. I enjoy myself alot when we go out together. About two years ago, I usually skate once a week with Mary. I taught her how to skate and now I am proud to say she can skate pretty well. Most of my students can do criss-cross, backwards and turn around. They are fast learners. I like my students to be good at everything. To be a leader we must know many things. When we know many things, then we can be good leaders. They are now good followers. Always remember "Good followers become good leaders."