BrE Vs AmE Part One


Uploaded on authorSTREAM by Ariel80

BrE Vs AmE Part Two


Uploaded on authorSTREAM by Ariel80

Friday, April 11, 2008

Halloween 2007





Halloween day was a fantastic day for me and my students. The students in Success Advanced Class prepared, organized and planned the Halloween Party for a month. They were all together 43 people in the party. We didn't expect so many people but it was worth it.


Everyone arrived at 5.00pm. Some even arrived earlier. The first section was to makeup ourselves. We broke a few people to be in charge of makeup, nails decorations and hair design. It was fun looking at everyone trying their best to help their friends look nice. One of us even have a snowman on her cheek. (Anna said it is snowing outside so she is in a mood of drawing a snowman on her cheek)


Others were braver than most, they painted their face with red lipstick which look like a bloody face. While most of us have just a normal makeup look.


We broke the students into a few groups. We elected group leaders to be in charge of each group. (allow them to practice leadership) The first game we played was called "The Making Of An Alien". We gave each group a set of balloons. Each group have a limited time to build an alien looking balloon. They have to try to copy the Alien Example shown to them. It was fun seeing them twisting, pulling and brusting the balloons. They were trying their best to design the Alien.


The second game was to allow them to build a pyramid using paper cups. They have to build the highest and most stable pyramid within a few minutes. The best team was Sophie's Team. It was a success.


After a few games, we told them that food is ready. The kids rush towards the table like hungry wolf. I have never ever seen people eating as crazy as them. It was a funny sight. Just within minutes the food from every table is gone. I never knew kids were like hungry wolves.


After their delicious meal, we had a yo-yo competition. We even have an acrobatic performance performanced by Niu Niu (my husband's cousin's daughter who is now in Japan performing) It was interesting.


Last but not least, the most exciting moment everyone was waiting for, "Trick or Treat". I gave each team a map, a list of houses to visit and a goodie bag. They were all thrilled and excited experiencing a new culture and festival. Before I could explain the rules and regulation, everyone was gone. They ran as fast as lighting asking for treats and candies.


We had a wonderful Halloween Party. It is a memorable time for me and I bet it is a memorable time for my students too. It's great to share the culture differences here in Shenyang, and I believe they had lots of fun and the most important of all, they had fun learning. Like what our motto says "No Fun, No Gain"

No comments:

BBQ Picnic

BBQ Picnic
Last summer, we bbq in front of our yard. It was fun, we had chicken wing, potatoes, beefsteak with black pepper sauce and some bbq seafood.

After a delicious bbq meal, we had a water balloon fight. We filled many balloons with water and started to throw to everyone in sight. It was a funny sight. We laugh with all our might.

Having fun skating at BeiHang

Having fun skating at BeiHang


Skating is a fun and interesting activity to do. We can make new friends while keeping ourselves healthy. We usually skate in BeiHang, Hualian Dept. Store. The skating ring is located on the top floor of the department store. It only cost us RMB 5 to skate a whole day. It's affordable, fun, good for health and most importantly to practice spoken English. Julia, Little Angel, Tony and Mary usually invite me to skate with them. I try to skate with them as often as I can. It is fun to skate with them, they give me youth and happiness. I enjoy myself alot when we go out together. About two years ago, I usually skate once a week with Mary. I taught her how to skate and now I am proud to say she can skate pretty well. Most of my students can do criss-cross, backwards and turn around. They are fast learners. I like my students to be good at everything. To be a leader we must know many things. When we know many things, then we can be good leaders. They are now good followers. Always remember "Good followers become good leaders."